Kenya is one of the three countries belonging to the East African Province. The first three CPS Sisters arrived at Nairobi, Kenya from the Netherlands on 15 October 1925, the Feast of St. Teresa of Avila. Their first home, aptly named St. Theresa's Convent, was located in Eastleigh on the outskirts of Nairobi and belonged to St. Peter Claver Mission under the direction of a Holy Ghost Father. The diocese hoped to open a new mission and thus closed the station in 1947. Nevertheless, the CPS Sisters are present in several communities and have continued to serve in various apostolates in Kenya such as education, health care, pastoral and social ministry.