JOSEPH THE RIGHT1 MAN - 19 March 1885
Prior Francis Pfanner of Mariannhill
19 March 1885
Fecit me Deus Dominum
universae domus ejus...
pro salute vestramisit me
Deus ante vos in Aegyptum.
The ways of divine providence can best be seen in the life of Joseph of Egypt. After he had made himself known to his brothers, he made it clear to them how Providence had provided by telling them: "God has made me master of His entire house; for your benefit He sent me before you into Egypt." The same may be said of St. Joseph: 1. God set him over the Holy Family. 2. He placed him among non-believers.
1. Joseph, the Provider
If God made St. Joseph the master of his household, we must not imagine that he was a ruler like Joseph of Egypt, but a gentle householder who was more concerned with his God-given responsibilities than his rights. He considered it his duty to feed and clothe his holy foster son and his mother and to give them shelter.
Lord, Father of our human family,
you created all human beings equal in dignity:
pour forth into our hearts a fraternal spirit
and inspire in us a dream of renewed encounter,
dialogue, justice and peace.
Move us to create healthier societies
and a more dignified world,
a world without hunger, poverty, violence and war.
May our hearts be open
to all the peoples and nations of the earth.
May we recognize the goodness and beauty
that you have sown in each of us,
and thus forge bonds of unity, common projects,
and shared dreams. Amen.
"Redemisti nos, Domine, in sanguine tuo... You have redeemed us, o Lord, with your Blood."
We, the Missionary Sisters of the Precious Blood, honour in a special way the Blood of Christ, through which he redeemed ALL people, from every tribe and tongue, people and nation. (Revelation 5:9-10) Inspired by our Founder, Abbot Francis Pfanner, join us in praying and singing his daily prayer:
O you Saints of Almighty God
obtain for me the grace I need,
this I ask through the Precious Blood
of my Redeemer Jesus Christ.
- Always to do the will of God, to be united to God I pray. Refrain
- To do everything for the love of God, to think of nothing but of God I pray. Refrain
- To seek in all things the glory of God, to realize my own nothingness I pray. Refrain
- To keep a spirit of recollection, to recognize better the will of God. Refrain
Daily Prayer of Abbot Francis Pfanner (1825-1909)
Music & Video by Sr. Jackline Mwaka, CPS (East African Province)
Mother Paula Emunds, Co-Foundress
8 January 1865 - 21 May 1948
1. A valiant woman strong and true,
2. Christ’s Precious Blood, her priceless treasure,
3. God is my Father, I’m God’s child,
4. In loving union with our God,
Text: Marian Maskulak, cps
Sung by: CPS Generalate - 20 May 2020, Rome, Italy
Abbot Francis Pfanner, Father Founder
21 September 1825 - 24 May 1909
1. Full of love for God and neighbor Francis Pfanner sought God’s way.
2. Set on fire to spread the Gospel prayer and work filled all his days.
3. As we gather round God’s table sharing life and breaking bread,